My Restless Purple Ink
this site the web

Spicy Buffalo Wings

It's been such a busy life since I've been juggling through work and motherhood. I really missed my kitchen so much and I was hoping to get hold of my pans and egg beater one of these days. While I was browsing through a social networking site, a Spicy Buffalo Wings recipe came up and it seems so inviting. So I checked the ingredients and procedures and hey, this is a pretty easy one. All I need is some Me-Time!

Originated from Buffalo, New York, this cuisine is more popular as "hot wings" or "chicken wings". Its original recipe is made of unbreaded and deep fried chicken wings coated with hot sauce. It is served with dips and best matched for beers.

Now let me try this...

1 kilo Chicken Wings (10-12 wings)

Marinade:

2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 tablespoon calamansi
2 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup unsalted butter
cooking oil

Glaze:

4 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup hot sauce

Dressing:

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup fresh milk
2 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
a pinch of salt to taste
ground pepper
Directions:

1. Prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients. Marinate the chicken wings for at least an hour.

I suggest you marinate it for more than an hour. The longer, the better. Just like our classic adobo, we marinate it overnight.

2. Deep fry the chicken wings until golden brown. 

3. Mix the glaze ingredients in a pan over medium heat. Toss the chicken wings until all are coated with glaze.

Add up 1/2 cup of sweetened wine to the glaze just to spark it up.

4. Mix the dressing. 

5. Serve hot with the dip on the side.

The sweet and spicy taste of the chicken wings gave my family a "sarap-to-the-bones" experience. Just a simple recipe that spiced up our Sunday afternoon.

Mission Accomplished!


3 comments:

Lala said...

mukhang masarap magawa ito kapag may madaming time sa bahay thanks for sharing.

joy said...

Mukha ngang masarap:) saw your blog in fb:)

Purple Ink said...

Pwede pala siyang timpla din sa pork adobo... Hehe... easy-to-cook.

Maraming salamat po sa pagbisita.

God Bless Lala & Joy.

Post a Comment

 

Purple Followers

free counters