My Restless Purple Ink
this site the web

No-Bake Cheesecakes for CNY 2013

Chinese New Year is celebrated annually at the Philippines. Although it is not a public holiday, it is considered as a major festival in the country. To welcome the new year of the Chinese calendar, I decided to revive my 2010 no-bake cheesecake recipe and prepared a new version. Also, this time, I have captured every step to make it more memorable.



So after three years, I reviewed my list and tried to make a few changes. Earlier that day, I was struggling at the grocery store. One is because I no longer have a 20/20 vision, I couldn't find the right section just by looking up at the section board (dear me!). Another thing is, I couldn't stick to my old brands, its been how many years? So, here's the new content of my grocery bag when I got home from the supermarket:

Crust:
A pack of Graham Cracker (Crushed into crumbs) -  (I know! There's crushed graham crackers available already)
100 grams of melted butter (I bought the unsalted one)
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Filling:

2 envelops of unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup of pineapple juice
2 bars of cream cheese
(I saw this Australian Cream Cheese Spread. So I'm gonna try it out)
500 milliliters of chilled all purpose cream
3/4 cup of white sugar

Topping:

A can of blueberries
and a can of cherry toppings


Cupcake Containers

Yes, this year, I am going to use cupcake containers instead of pans. This would definitely change the measurements. What a wonderful way to make things more complicated! :)


Exactly, 9:30PM of February 9, I lined up my ingredients and prepared my tools. Yup, this time, I'll no longer be whisking manually and I'm determined to finish this mission by midnight. Compared to what happened three years ago, I slept at around 3:00AM because I did not know that we have that machine to make my whisking easier. (Geez!)


1. Line up all the cupcake containers. I made four piles of the container since it is too soft to handle the mixture.


2. Prepare the Crust. Mix all the ingredients: crushed grahams, melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Believe me, buying a pack of crushed graham crackers really saved lots of time. Use 1 tablespoon to place the mixture at the container. Press to form a crust then, place it in the chiller for about 30 minutes.


3. Prepare the Fillings. Mix first the cream cheese, all purpose cream and sugar. Blend it well until smooth. Place it in the chiller while preparing the gelatin mixture.

4. Dissolve the gelatin powder in pineapple juice. Place it in a saucepan under low heat. Stir until it boils. Blend it with the cream cheese mixture until thickens.


5. Pour 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mix on each container. Chill the mix for up to 6 hours.


6. Place the toppings. This time I bought cherries and blueberries to add variety.

I was able to fill 35 containers and yes I was able to accomplish this mission at around 12:08AM, February 10. A sweet treat for Chinese New Year 2013! Kung Hei Fat Choi! :)

Mission Accomplished!


2 comments:

joy said...

looks so deliecious! thanks for following!

Purple Ink said...

Thanks also for the visit! :)

Post a Comment

 

Purple Followers

free counters