My Restless Purple Ink
this site the web

No-bake Blueberry Cheesecake for Christmas

Christmas!
The very word brings joy to our hearts. No matter how we may dread the
rush, the long Christmas lists for gifts and cards to be bought and
given - when Christmas Day comes there is still the same warm feeling
we had as children, the same warmth that enfolds our hearts and our
...
homes. 

~Joan Winmill Brown

Christmas in the Philippines is one of the most observed holidays in the country. Filipinos from all walks of life give out their very best and even their very last pennies just to celebrate this day. Every Christmas, my family gather together to spend time with our grandmother. She's now 96 years old! We also prepare different foods and share the spirit of this season. This year, I have planned to prepare a No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake. I browsed through the net and looked for the perfect recipe. Five hours before Christmas, I rushed to the nearest supermarket to play hide-and-seek with the ingredients. Here are the contents of my grocery list and it took me almost one and a half hours to get them all.

Crust:
A pack of Graham Cracker (Crushed into crumbs)
100 grams of melted butter
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Filling:


2 envelops of unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup of pineapple juice
2 bars of cream cheese
500 milliliters of chilled all purpose cream
3/4 cup of white sugar

Topping:


A can of blueberries


Graham Crackers were out of stock so I had to rush to another supermarket, which is like a few kilometers away. I'm just so excited to go home and prepare this recipe. I'll update this entry to let you know if I have given justice to this No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake.

Merry Christmas Everyone! 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
December 25 - 1:07 am

I started reviewing the step-by-step instructions before I plunged into this challenge. I have listed the guidelines and made a few comments based on my helluva experience. So, here it goes:

Directions:
 
1. Mix the Graham Cracker Crumbs, vanilla, brown sugar and melted butter in a medium bowl.

Make sure you do this quickly as the mixture hardens easily. This is to avoid the hassle of crashing the hardened mixture from time-to-time.

2. To create the base, press the mixture on a pan preferably, a spring form pan. Then, cover it and place it in a chiller until the mixture is firm. (minimum 30 minutes)

I bought 5 pieces of Aluminum Disposable Baking Pans about 8 inches in diameter and 1.25 deep. Each has a transparent plastic dome lid. I got them from the supermarket. By the way, I doubled all the measurements of the ingredients and was able to fill all these 5 containers.


3. Pour 1/4 cup of pineapple juice in a saucepan over a very low heat. Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over. Stir for 10 minutes or until the gelatin dissolves. Then, set aside the mixture.

I suggest you do step 3 after step 4 if the really intention was to mix a liquid gelatin. Because if you set it aside and do the next, by the time you come back, the gelatin is solid already.

4. Use a whisker to blend the all purpose cream, cream cheese and sugar.  Blend until smooth. Add the gelatin mix then, blend it well. Pour the cream filling over the crust. Cover it and let it chill for 4 to 6 hours.

If you are a good whisker and can manually blend the filling, well I salute you! I honestly had a hard time mixing the creams especially when it started to thicken. Then, I found out that my mom bought an electric mixer years ago. Geez, I wanted to collapse.


5. Add the blueberries and let it chill for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.

Some of us may tend to pour in too much blueberries. I did it on the last pan because I did not want to waste the remaining blueberries. The taste became too strong so better place ample amount to achieve the best result. 

I finished around 3:00 am--that is because I manually mixed the cream. The No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake is ready to serve by lunch time. The kids and teens love it and the oldies find it too sweet. So, I made a mental note that next time, I better adjust on the sugar content to satisfy all taste buds.

5 Blueberry Cheesecake pans made my family happy this Christmas. 

Mission Accomplished!


6 comments:

TONTON said...

Hi, I enjoyed reading your blog, I'm a writer by profession and a poet by heart. I also enjoys diff kinds of animals too. Anyway, keep writing and sharing. More power

Purple Ink said...

Hi Tonton, Haven't seen your comment. Thanks a lot and God Bless! :)

JonDmur said...

tagal mo na palang nag bloblog hehehe 2010 pa yata... buti napadpad na ako dito hehehe

Mukhang masarap... nakakagutom tuloy... ^_^

Purple Ink said...

2009 po. :)

Oo nga.. ako din ngayon lang nakapasyal sa blog mo! Salamat sa pagbisita at Ingat palagi! (^.^)

Rommel Mercado said...

hi. after doing step 4, i will do step 3... anong gagawin ko dun sa gelatin mixture? thanks

Purple Ink said...

Hi rommel. Mix the gelatin to the cheesecake mix then blend again until thickened. After that pwede mo na sya ilagay sa pan. :)

Post a Comment

 

Purple Followers

free counters